BAT’s Football Training Program Includes:
- Private and Group Training – We offer both private and group sessions for all age groups from December through August!
- Speed & Agility – Our speed training includes everything from run mechanics, cone drills, hurdles and agility ladders to speed bands and sleds.
- Strength Training – This involved the use of plyometrics for all ages and weight lifting for the HS group.
- Skills Sessions – We host skills sessions throughout the spring and summer. These sessions include drills for athletes of all positions!
- Mental Training – We work on strengthening our athletes work ethic and confidence as well, by communicating with them on a consistent basis.
At BAT, we offer football training for kids of all ages and skill levels from December through August. We host several group sessions each week throughout the 9 months and cater to all positions and skill levels. Our training includes everything from speed and strength to skills and film study. Our youth group (ages 10-13) focuses primarily on skill development and speed & agility year-round, while our HS kids are placed in an intense 9 month progressive program that emphasizes various athletic components throughout the year. Our HS athletes spend the winter with the primary focuses of getting bigger, stronger and faster. For the spring, we then shift those athletic gains to the field and begin mixing in skills work. Lastly, the summer season is all about skills, game situation drills and maintenance of overall conditioning for their upcoming seasons.
High School Training Program
Our Summer HS Program will include a mix of speed, strength and skills training. With much of the winter and spring focused on speed and strength, we will be mixing in more skills training over the next 2 months! We host 4-5 sessions per week for our HS and College Athletes. We also provide detailed workouts for athletes to do on days they can’t attend sessions.
Here is all the information regarding dates, locations and cost:
Dates: 6/15 – 8/26 (excludes 7/3 – 7/6 and 8/3 – 8/7)
Days: 1. Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:00 – 10:45 am 2. Mondays and Thursdays from 5:45 – 7:30 PM 3. Saturdays from 2:30 – 4:45 pm
Location: Newton North – 457 Walnut St, Newton, MA 02460
*We will occasionally use Newton South including for the training camp!
Standard Packages: Multi Athlete Packages (signing up 2 kids)
- 1 Session = $75 1 Session = $120 ($60/athlete per session)
- 8 Pack = $480 ($60/session) 8 Pack = $720 ($45/athlete per session)
- 16 Pack = $880 ($55/session) 16 Pack = $1,320 ($41/athlete per session)
- 24 Pack = $1,200 ($50/session)
What’s Unique about BAT’s HS Program:
- Customized Training Program – All of our athletes will be put on an individualized plan. The program accommodates to a variety of ages and abilities.
- Film Study – A handful of the drills/exercises we do each session will be filmed. You will have access to this film and should study the film to improve form.
- Year-round training – Takes place at multiple locations, both indoor and outdoor.
- All Training Modes – AT BAT, we have coaches with different backgrounds that enable us to offer strength, speed, skills and film sessions!
- Complete Commitment – We spend countless hours each year studying drills, reviewing programs from other professionals and watching game film. This is done with the sole purpose of offering the best program in Massachusetts. We have worked with all positions and have dozens of athletes that remaining in the program for 2+ years!
Private Training – “An Individualized Approach to Each Athlete”
OUR FOOTBALL program typically starts with a 1:1 session to evaluate a client’s athletic ability and general football skills. For athletic ability, we look primarily at an athlete’s speed, ability to change direction, strength (upper and lower body) and general conditioning. The testing includes many of the same exercises that you see in the NFL combine: 40 yard dash, short shuttle, 60 yard shuttle, broad jump and the vertical jump. For position-specific skills, we utilize a handful of drills that are typically done in football camps and at practice.
AT THE END of the trial session, we will go over my evaluation and see how you stack up against those in your relative age and position. We will then formulate a plan that focuses primarily on improving your weaknesses (athletically and from a position standpoint). You will receive a few videos of your trial session, a sample workout and general advice.
IF YOU decide to keep training with BAT, we offer both 1:1 training and group training in everything from the skills to speed/agility and strength training. Private sessions will run for 45 minutes, focusing on the biggest needs of the athlete. For many, this means 50% focus on speed/footwork and the other 50% on skills.