OUR FOOTBALL program starts with a 1:1 session to evaluate a client’s athletic ability and general football skills. For athletic ability, I look primarily at an athlete’s speed, ability to change direction, strength (upper and lower body) and general conditioning. The testing includes many of the same exercises that you see in the NFL combine: 40 yard dash, short shuttle, 60 yard shuttle, broad jump and the vertical jump. For position-specific skills, I utilize a handful of drills that are typically done in football camps and at practice.
AT THE END of the trial session, we will go over my evaluation and see how you stack up against those in your relative age and position. I will then formulate a plan that focuses primarily on improving your weaknesses (athletically and from a position standpoint). You will receive a few videos of your trial session, a sample workout and general advice.
IF YOU decide to keep training with me, I offer both 1:1 training and group training. Private sessions typically last either 45 or 60 minutes, focusing on the biggest needs of the athlete. For some this means 75% focus on speed and footwork and 25% skills, while others may need 75% skills and 25% power or conditioning.
What is unique to my Football Training Program? Below are five reasons:
- Customized Training Program – All of my athletes will be put on a plan that is specific to their needs. My program is not a one size fits all and accommodates to a variety of ages and abilities.
- Film Study – A handful of the drills/exercises we do each session will be filmed. You will have access to this film and should study the film to improve form.
- Year-round training at multiple locations, both indoor and outdoor.
- Group Training – Sessions emphasize speed and explosiveness, as well as game-situation drills.
- Complete Commitment – I spend countless hours each year studying drills, reviewing programs from other professionals and watching game film. This is done for the sole purpose of offering the highest quality program to my clients. I have worked with all positions and have many clients who have trained with me for 3+ years!